|Allied Motion's TAA series of standard-duty transaxles are designed to power medical mobility equipment such as wheelchairs, scooters, patient beds, and similar applications.
The proven TAA transaxles are available with either of two PMDC motor sizes and a choice of rated winding voltage from 12 up to 240 VDC . The TAA series are capable of up to 3/8 HP continuous output power.
In addition to medical mobility service, the TAA series are a good choice for many utility vehicle applications such as material handling carts, floor care, AGVs, and light construction or transport/hauling vehicles.
Features & Benefits
- Rated for vehicle weights up to 1200 lb (544 kg)
- Hardened steel and powder metal gears for durability and long life
- Die cast aluminum gearbox minimizes weight, adds strength
- Class A (105 ºC) winding insulation
- Cartridge style brushes for easy maintenance
- Differential gearing for smooth, jitter-free turning
- Synthetic grease lubrication for long service life
- Ball and needle bearing construction for durability
- 4-pole motor for reserve ramp-climbing power
- 3/4-inch (19 mm) dia. output shafts
- Modular design of motor, gearbox, and brake eases repair/replacement
- Electromechanical holding brake, rated at 35 lb-in (4.0 Nm), with override and controller feedback
- 20:1 gear ratio with low diametral pitch for increased gear strength torque
- High temperature Class H (180 ºC) winding insulation
- Weather-proof (IP65) design
- Custom leads and/or connectors
- Grease fitting to lubricate output shaft needle bearings
- Non-brake version
- Custom output shaft configurations
- Small transaxle for narrow wheelbase applications