|Allied Motion's CP-500 series hollow shaft encoder is a small, rugged optical encoder with a package form factor similar to that of a 39 mm stepper motor.|
Up to 2,048 cycles per revolution are available for the incremental models and up to 10 bits for the absolute units.
A single light emitting diode is the CP-500's light source, and it is servo controlled to maintain constant light output over time and the unit's temperature range. The CP-500's light sensor is a monolithic silicon array.
The CP-500 series includes commutating versions to enable the commutation of brushless DC motors in addition to providing encoded position data.
Features & Benefits
- Designed to fit 39mm stepper motors
- Hollow mating shaft
- Digital Incremental, Analog Absolute, and Digital Absolute variants.
- Shielded ABEC-5 bearings for smooth, long-life operation
- Rugged aluminum housing with IP64-rated protection
- Custom linecounts and index configurations
- Custom shaft and cable configurations
- Through shaft
- RoHS compliance